you care ...
..about the future
of your family, employees, and customers.
When bad things happen, and they do, rely on
your foresight and good planning to give you grounding and support
as you lead your business back to full recovery.
Having a Professional Business Continuity Management Program
in place can enable your business to effectively react to and
recover from a business disaster.
Listen as Jim Explains BCM
What is a Business Continuity Plan?
• Pre-determined set of action lists that enable
the staff to
effectively react to unplanned events and recover functionality
• Pre-determined crisis communication process for
communicating with staff, customers, vendors, regulators,
and the media
• Pre-determined resource information to support the action
lists, crisis communication process, and overall plan
• The components of a good plan answer the questions:
What are the steps of creating a BCM plan?
• Strategic decision making
• Creating a Business Continuity Plan
• Maintaining and exercising the Business Continuity Plan
What is the Business Continuity Management
used by Jim Christensen?
• Conducting a Business Impact Analysis = Fact
• Conducting a Risk Assessment = Identifying Threats
• Developing Business Continuity Strategies = Treatment Plan
• Creating a Business Continuity Plan = What to Do After
the Disaster Strikes
• Educating the Staff on the Business Continuity Plan
• Regularly Exercising the Business Continuity Plan = Proof
• Implementing Ongoing Maintenance of the
Plan = Periodic Check-ups and Adjustments
What is a business disaster?
A business disaster is an event which causes the
disruption of business operations that stops your business from
providing its critical services and products to its customers.
What are some causes of a business disaster?
Power outages, fires, broken water pipes, gas
leaks, severe weather, a nearby hazardous material incident, a
telephone outage, water leaks, vendor failure, a computer hacker,
workplace violence, equipment failure, an act of terrorism that
impacts your region, and events yet to come.
What are the benefits of having
a Business Continuity Management Program?
• Increase the probability that your company will
and continue as a viable business
• Meet legal or regulatory requirements
• Meet requirements your customers may require or demand
• Avoid the loss of customer confidence
• Avoid the loss of your competitive edge
• Avoid the loss of investor confidence
• Expedite return to profitability
• Provide a competitive edge in business proposals
• Meet insurance requirements
• Reduce liability exposure of corporate officers
• Comply with your corporate charter
• Comply with internal or external audit requirements
• Ensure safety and continued employment for yourself
Why not do the plan myself?
• Professionally certified Business Continuity
Consultants have experience that drives the program deeply
into your business to really work when you need it.
• Your business is running your business. While we will need
some of your time and support of your staff, a professional
BCM planner will minimize the amount of your time
investment by guiding you through a thorough and
How much does it cost?
• Cost depends on the size and type of the business. Plans can be
scaled to cover only the most critical elements of your business or
to include all processes that may be affected by a business stopping
event. Talk with Jim for a free consultation and project cost